Friday, January 28, 2011

Dundracon!

I apologize for not updating my blog more frequently during the last week. As of today my family is:

1. Moving to a new place in 2 weeks.
2. My wife is starting a new job now.
3. We are going through the process of finding daycare for the first time NOW(welcome to the Bay Area).
4. Everyone is getting sick.

Oh yeah, and Dundracon is coming up on the 18th. Cripes! So my bandwidth for even thinking about 40k is almost zero right now.


My current plan is to pack for Dundracon BEFORE we move. I think this is smart because A) it forces me to think about what I'm bringing to the tournament, and B) I won't have to scrounge around to find my list and models buried among hundreds of boxes.

I expect to arrive there Friday, check into the hotel, badge up, party with my friends, hit the sack early and be down in Salon FG bright-eyed and bushy-tailed.This has less to do with me being a morning person and more to do with me turning into a flesh-eating zombie after the 1st or 2nd round.

Food-wise, I'm bringing some healthy munchies to the table this time. Trail mix, a big water bottle and bananas. Bananas are nature's power bar; not messy and not loaded with high fructose garbage that crashes you out after 30 minutes.

By way of inviting discussion, I have two questions for you:

1. How do you logistically prepare for a tournament? I'm not so much talking about list-building or developing a list strategy, but the basic nuts and bolts of getting things together and being where you need to be to play in a tournament? If you haven't thought about that, maybe you should.

2. Anybody else going to be at Dundracon this year? Will I be seeing you across the table at the tourney?

No comments:

Post a Comment