Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Open Mouth, Insert Foot

OK, I can't stand it anymore!!! Forget what I said yesterday! Gimme, gimme, gimme!

Ever since THIS showed up on BOLS, I've been lurking the thread and drooling. There is so much good stuff here, Great Googly-Moogly, where do I begin?


I have to wait three more days before I have the book in my sweaty little hands, and on that day I'm supposed to be playing a couple 5th ed games. 

What will these rules changes mean to my Eldar, Dark Angels and Tau?

Well for one, Eldar and Tau can ally at the highest level, meaning they will be able to share some special USRs. Hmmm, this has potential. While I doubt that means that Eldrad will be able to Guide my Fire Warriors or XV8 suits, I'm wondering how markerlights will work in combination with Eldar trickery?

And hey, how about the Avatar getting 2 attacks at S10, just in case 4 at S6 doesn't cut the mustard? Look out Land Raiders!

How about Fire Warriors snap-firing into onrushing assault units and flinging their defensive grenades? Sure, they'll still die in the assault but the very fact that they will be permitted to REACT to an assault in a meaningful way is a big step up for them.

The flyer rules look great. Definitely going to use that Nightwing now...

And my fire prisms and night spinners are looking a little more tank-killy now that I no longer need to get the enemy's hull under the center hull.

Bikes and jump infantry using Hammer of Wrath to soften up a unit BEFORE initiative? Yes please.

Sniper: allocate the wound to the model of your choice on a 6? Hey Pathfinders, get your long rifles ready...

Oh this is going to be fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment