Monday, June 25, 2012

Sixth Edition and I

What with all the net gobbling over the new Warhammer 40K edition being released this coming week, why haven't I been riding the 6E rumor bandwagon? Well, I HAVE!


It's just that it's pointless, you see. When it comes right down to it, there is no point in all the rumor-mongering. I've started any number of blog entries concerning the latest batch of drivel and stopped myself part-way through. Really, folks. Honestly. What is the point? What possible end can all the chatter have besides confusing the issue?


We know the date and the hour of the release. We've watched the teasers and now we can gawk at the new goods being peddled on the Games Workshop website, and we've had a chance to pore over the glorified adverstisement pre-release White Dwarf. Settle down, already. It will get here. Until then you are only making it harder on yourselves.

Ask yourself this; how many of the rumors we've heard so far have proven to be true? Remember percentage-based force orgs? Remember move-assault-shoot? For every confirmed rumor there are a dozen that have proven false.


I look forward to the new ruleset. Not because of any perceived advantage, but because it levels the playing field overall. I look forward to the possibility that I might go to a tournament and actually face something besides orks, Space Wolves, and Grey Knights.

I'm eager for the paradigm to shift, and to scoff at all the whining about what was broken. The King is Dead! Long Live the King! (Sixes be upon him...)

No comments:

Post a Comment