Monday, May 27, 2013

So, That There Must Be the New Eldar Codex

So yeah. Wow! Been a long while since I've posted anything Eldar (or Tau, or Dark Angels for that matter) but that's because they've ALL received new codices in the last couple months.

I MEAN WHAT THE HELL!!!



First off, I've been focusing on the Dark Angels, grabbing time whenever I can to paint them up and develop a workable list. 

Second, in between painting sessions I've been riffling the pages of the Tau and man oh MAN do I like what I see! I'm not so captivated by Voltron or the new flyers, but I'm very interested in building a more infantry based list. 

Third, Eldar. Picked up the latest White Dwarf and went through it yesterday.

I must have missed out on the whole giant robot fanboy thing as a kid. I mean, I watched Battle of the Planets and Voltron like any red-blooded American (uh) kid! I had a shipping crate packed with whatever Micronauts or Shogun Warriors I could get my hands on, but the mystique must have faded through time. I must be the only sub-fifty year old dude on the West Coast who isn't falling all over himself about Pacific Rim. 

No, look, seriously I'm not complaining! Everything I hear about the wraithknight is good. Yes, it will fold to massed poison/sniper fire but while it's being pinged to death it will be pumping out 3 suncannon shots every turn. That will leave a mark! 

I'm more smitten with the flyers.

And if what I hear is true, an across-the-board bump from BS3 to BS4 is outstanding!

And Battle Focus!

And one of the best parts of this whole thing is that the only things I might have to buy (besides the codex) are the new models, since I've got like 10K points of Eldar in the garage. 

HAH! 

Life is good indeed.


No comments:

Post a Comment